Friday, January 27, 2012

Blegh

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I am in a seriously weird mood. I'm just the slighest bit sad, a bit grumpy, a bit annoyed with life in general. For some reason, I really feel like getting absolutely stupid drunk. I feel like wearing some small, little cute party top and go out and shake my butt. However, I cannot do any of those things, because of my freaking back (and the pills I'm that enable me to move without screaming).
So, blegh.
Another reason why I may be feeling so weird is because I've been thinking about my story a lot the last couple of days. I really like the premise and all, but I need to work out a couple of major plot points and a couple of little detail-y things. But I've been looking at a lot of "house" magazines (my heroine is a designer/contractor). And today I listened to some songs that are going to be on the book's soundtrack, and one of them is kind of depressing. But it's a totally kickass song, so I like it, so I tend to listen to it on repeat, and then I get all bummed out. That's super-dumb of me, but what are you going to do?
In other news, the hubby's being all not-secretive about this massive secret he's got. Haha. He told me that he may be getting me "the greatest present that [he has] ever bought [me] ever." (I asked if Jenny Crusie was going to ship herself to Oklahoma and he said, "Well... It's not that great.") So then I come home from work today, all grumpy and sad, and he said that he would tell me what the present was if I really, really, really wanted to know. And then he said, "But, I just want you to know, that it will mean much more if you wait. But I'll tell you if you say you want to know." Well, of course I can't say I want to know now! Butthead cheater. ;) (Hahaha, he just told me what the present is. Best Hubby Ever!)
And that's it. That's all I have today. Well, that and this (http://reinventingfabulous.com/?p=794#more-794), Lani's experiment on not using shampoo. I have insanely oily hair, so this experiment would probably be great for my poor overworked scalp, but I am way too concerned about my appearance to risk the crazy oily time.
Anyway, time to curl up with Maybe This Time (Crusie's adaptation of Henry James) and to eat some ice cream (and not seethe with resentment) while Hubby drinks some beer.
And here's the song that made me a little sniffly today, if you're interested :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv01LslEXbo

No comments:

Post a Comment