Monday, February 13, 2012

Like Swimming in Concrete

Today was another very weird day. I just feel kind of enveloped in wool. Nothing's really connecting. Although today I think I did it to myself.
Last night we got some snow, the first snow of the whole winter, actually. And it was coming down and I was getting really tense and stressed out by the whole thing.
Why, you ask?
Because Erica is a no-walking-in-the-slick-stuff ass. Also, no-driving-in-the-slick-stuff. I tend to slip and fall a lot in the winter when there's "weather," and I cannot stand driving in it. I'm honest enough with myself to know that I'm not that great of a driver, although I'm okay and I've never been in an accident, but realizing my limitations gets me very stressed out about winter conditions.
So I couldn't get to sleep last night until absurdly late, and then I woke up this morning absurdly early, just because I was terrified and wanted to give myself a crapton of time to get stuff done. And I made it to work fine, an hour and change earlier than the library opened today, and all was well.
Except that that damn tension and stress I'd managed to create was swirling all around me and settled quite firmly into a knot the size of my fist in the middle of my back. God damn my back. So now I'm tired as hell, stressed out, and in massive amounts of pain. So I decided the one thing that I could control was the pain, and took an extra painkiller.
It didn't really do a thing for the pain, but the next thing I know, I'm walking around like some kind of zombie. Fun. Note to self: don't do that again.
I actually did manage to get some things done at work today. It was like swimming in concrete, but I did things.
I also sent in a, what I thought anyway, pretty awesome question for the DBSA (Dear Bitches, Smart Authors) podcast. Yay me! I'm contributing. Haha.
But in general, I've been pretty weirdly useless today. And I'm over it. I'm over my back, too.
Anyway. Yeah, I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment