Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Musings

I missed posting yesterday. I would feel bad about that but I felt so supremely terrible yesterday that I don't really care.
Friday night, the Hubby and I decided to do some drinking. I needed to pretend that the last week hadn't happened, and he was happy to play along. I had three margaritas, which along with my painkillers made for an interesting little cocktail called "Erica has the alcohol tolerance of a gnat." The Hubby had fifteen beers and we had a blast. We watched a lot of silly stuff, we had some great conversations, and we just laughed and had a good time.
Saturday morning-afternoon-whenever-the-hell-we-decided-to-regain-consciousness, we both felt terrible. We both wound up throwing up and it was just awful. And I feel like someone has systematically beat every part of my body with a sledgehammer. Seriously, everything hurts. I feel bruised everywhere.
Anyway, today has been the grocery shopping, chores around the house day. Chill.
I'm going to go try water walking tomorrow. I've already got a bag all packed of stuff to take to the pool. I will do it. I will, I will.
My mom and I had a conversation recently about me and exercise. I always make these plans and then never follow through with them. I join a gym and never go. Things like that. So, hopefully already having a bag packed for tomorrow will help me get over that hump of "I'm going to do this" to actually accomplish something.
I'm also going to try making a healthier diet happen this week. I've created a very specific menu that is now on my fridge that I want to stick to. The big thing will be seeing if I choose to stick with it even on the days when I'm tired and grumpy and just plain don't want to.
We'll see. But I'm at least trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment